DOWNTOWN

The commercial district of Belmar was “F” Street now called Main Street. Belmar’s downtown was located near the railroad tracks for ease in transporting goods. Early businesses carried essential items for the times. Shops sold coal, harnesses, dry goods, hardware and hay. There was a butcher shop, brewery, fish monger, boat builder and stables. In later times there was a movie theater, ice cream parlor, five & ten cent store and auto repair garage.

1920s bartons mens shop
1800s LATE Borton Bros 16th and main
1870 po a